This makes up part of one of our favourite meals: fish, ugali and sukumawiki. It is actually my son's favourite meal. We eat it at least weekly and I am always amazed at how such a picky eater gobbles down spinach and fish!
You will need:
2 Tomatoes, chopped (optional)
Greens, chopped and washed--leave wet
- Slice and fry the onion in a little bit of oil in a large frying pan until quite soft.
- Add cumin seeds to toast lightly.
- Add tomatoes if using and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add greens and allow to wilt. Stir as needed until the greens are all wilted and the ingredients are well mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on its own or as a side dish to meat, chicken or fish.