Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions 2011 Part 2

The Other Half is out with the girls bowling today.  My 4 year old and I have been starting the cleaning.  Most people do spring cleaning, but I find the house is a bit of a mess.  There are bits of wrapping paper under the sofa, new toys everywhere, bowls of Bombay Mix getting stale...

And I have some free time to day dream about the year to come.  In many ways I feel so spoilt by living in the countryside and I am eager to take advantage of the wide open spaces, free blackberries and the apple trees here on the farm.  I make ambitious plans to become self-sufficient in vegetables, make loads of blackberry wine, preserves, and dried apples.  I plan to make all of my own bread or make 6 quilts, or finally hold a car boot sale.  And some of these things actually happen each year. 

It is a lovely feeling to have a fresh new year.  It will be what you make it.  Whether that is a year of losing the weight or developing a prayer life, exploring new places or learning a new skill.  It is full of potential and therefore quite exciting.

As I have said before, I often set myself a few too many tasks.  Many of which I do not achieve.  And so for this year we have chosen three resolutions.  And for today, everything seems possible.  One magical day when all your dreams are waiting for you to take the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment