Friday 31 December 2010

New Year's Resolutions 2011 Part 3

I have decided to work on three major goals for this year.  Two of them are family goals and one of them is more personal.

They are:

Create a routine around family meals

I work a regular schedule and my Other Half works shift work.  He is also African, and while I am sure there are millions of Africans who embrace routine, the one I live with is the laid back, eat dinner at 3 or 7 or 10 pm because "routine" is a foreign word kind of guy.  This doesn't quite suit the rest of us, and so we will attempt to schedule our meals from now on. 

Pay off our credit card debt

The word "debt" has always been a scary word and I have avoided it like the plague.  Until I was out of work for over a year.  Even then we managed very carefully until I got a job.  Then a few months into my job, wham!  A huge car repair bill, then new glasses, a few more expenses and we have never recovered. 

Cultivate joy in every day

I have days when I get frustrated that I am not living my dream of white picket fences and I really wish I could be a stay at home mother/domestic goddess.  Well with my inability to keep a neat house and our current finances these dreams are not going to happen.  But I realise I can take charge and still enjoy every day.  I can still bake cookies and make quilts if I stop moaning and start doing.  At least I hope so.  And bubble bath does not cost the Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment