Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas Decorations 2010

I can remember going through a phase as a teenager when I thought holiday decorations were clutter.  A waste of time, money and space.  What was I thinking?  I love my tree.  It is a fake one.  I can put it up when I want and keep it up as long as I want and we have relatively few dropped needles.  I also like that it does not go to waste.  Even with shredding schemes popping up around the country I can't help but feel that real trees waste money and I hate chopping trees down.  But to each their own.

My living room already has touches of red and green, so these Christmas decorations fit right in.  I use a plaid ribbon as a garland.  It is cheaper and sturdier.  My son helped me with the decorations this year and since we have put it up the cats remove ornaments almost daily.  So we get a new tree every day as we redecorate it.

I put the stockings on the stairs because we have to use our fireplaces every day.

A medieval style trencher I purchased at an English Civil War Re-enactment a few years ago.  I fill it with baubles from Poundland.  I usually pop a glass bowl of floating candles in the middle.  But I find candles and kids don't mix all that well.

I made this as a baby quilt a few years ago.  I found a new use for it instead.

My friend brought me this lovely wooden bowl from Zambia.  It sits in my living room year round and gets the festive touch from baubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment