Following my cook once, eat twice philosophy, we try to make enough to have two meals or more. The flavours are really nice the next day as well. And this freezes well.
You will need:
1 crushed garlic clove
500 g Mince--beef, turkey, or even cooked lentils
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp Season-all, or to taste
1-2 tsp Mixed dried Italian herbs
2 tins chopped tomatoes (you could use a jar of pasta sauce if you are in a hurry)
2 cups stock or stock cube--to match your meat (beef, chicken, etc)
3/4 cup peas
chapatis--homemade or store bought
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened.
2. Add mince and stir until browned.
3. Add spices and herbs and stir for another minute.
Note: You could simmer this for 10-20 minutes and then move to step 6 if you are in a hurry.
5. Add stock and let simmer or place in a low oven or crock pot for 30 -60 minutes. You can leave this longer. The longer the better.
6. Slice and fry the mushrooms.
7. Place the peas in a large mug with some warm water from the kettle. Microwave for 1-1.5 minutes.
8. Before serving add the peas and mushrooms to the meat.
The meat is eaten with the chapati, rather than utensils. You simply rip pieces of the bread and use them to scoop up the sauce. It does takes practice!