Tuesday 21 December 2010

Christmas Food

So you can see from yesterday's post that the traditional Christmas foods have very little to do with my love of the holiday.  But I feel a bit left out not having our own traditions.  So I am on a mission to find some. 

I have always been fascinated by gingerbread houses and have only made them from kits.  We bought a simple one from IKEA last year, which was easy for a 3 year old to use with my help.  But became stale quite quickly.

A few weeks ago I finally made a batch of the most delicious gingerbread for my son's birthday party.  I had the kids make mini gingerbread houses and it was a big hit.

The recipe came from Usborne's Christmas Baking Book.  It was a gift from his aunt for his birthday.  It was good timing.  I had chosen another to make that morning, but when he opened his gift I had a quick look through.  It does not require chilling, so a real timesaver, and is lovely and cakey gingerbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment