This year we kept it simple. We have so much going on with the Lent De-cluttering challenge and preparing the garden, etc. that the actual holiday doesn't need much more to mark it. This is a great time to decorate and eat eggs. The kids got some chocolate eggs too. We usually decorate baskets and have little gifts of eggs, chocolate bunnies etc. But since we are trying to clear out a bit it seemed best to skip that this year.
Some more ideas to celebrate Ostara:
- Research age appropriate tales of the Goddess Ostara, stories of about hares, or spring time.
- Plant "magic" jelly beans in the ground. The next day the kids will find lollipops growing.
- Write down some of the things that you would like to give up or leave behind. Burn these offerings (safely of course).
- Sow seeds (some of the seeds Brigid blessed at Imbolc) and plant fruit trees.
- Create a family prayer or poem to the Goddess of Spring