There are some great ways to celebrate this holiday with kids. And on Pinterest I have quite a few pins from around the world. (Now how do I link them here, so you can jump from here to there?). But this is how we spent Imbolc/Candlemass this year.
- We made Brigid's Crosses out of pipecleaners
- We visited the garden centre the day before to choose seed for our vegetable garden this year
- We asked Brigid to bless our seeds (Dear Brigid, Bless these seeds so that they may grow to nourish us in Mind, Body and Spirit. Amen)
- We created a blessing for the day (see below)
- We spent the morning at our favourite spot at the River. The river was high but we washed our faces with a splash of cold water. How could you not feel great when sitting with such beauty?
- Imbolc is a great time for cooking over the fire, and so we made a BBQ and made some bread over the fire as well.
- The kids' father did all of this with us, so it was especially nice to have a family day together
- I took some extra time to reflect and journal as this winter is leaving and spring is coming soon.
Come and bless us as we prepare to welcome spring. Clear our homes, heal our ills, and awaken the fire in our hearts for the coming year. Thank you for our rivers, our craft, and healing arts. Thank you for blessing our family and our home.