Saturday 25 June 2011

Bento Boxes

I have been experimenting with making some Bento style lunches for my four year old.  In the morning rush I have forgotten to take pictures.  I have finally started, but with admittedly boring looking bentos!  Though he ate them, so they are a success in my book!  I have used a box from Lock-n-Lock, which has four individual boxes inside.  They can be removed for cleaning or to change the configuration.


Homemade meatballs, Mini Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, strawberries, Multi-Grain O's, Apple

Actually, he does not like sandwiches.  I know this, but occasionally I try.  I even stumped for some organic ham.  He ate a bit of the bread.  I make the meatballs about once a month and pop them in the freezer.  Then I can take out a few each day to put in his lunchbox or eat in flatbread.


Meatballs, Strawberries, Bread and Butter Sandwiches, Carrots, Ketchup in Mini Sauce Pot
This meal was a success.  He left some of the carrots, but he isn't fond of raw ones anyway.  The Playgroup provides water.  And they have snacks with water or milk twice a day.

I have a selection of boxes, ice packs, lunchboxes, and bento accessories.  These include sauce pots, food picks, mini utensils, and the like.  I am not sure how the Playgroup will react to the food picks and things.  I have placed meat and fruit on straws used as skewers.  Threading meatballs or chunks of sausage with cucumber chunks works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment