This potato and vegetable casserole recipe is from memory, because I don't have the book and I have made it many times over the years. I hope it is mostly accurate. It is very similar to "colcannon." I have not written this out step by step. I hope you get the idea.
- Make some mashed potatoes and season as you normally would. (I mash with butter, milk, salt and pepper).
- Steam or boil a leek, some chopped broccoli, and chopped cabbage. When tender, mix with butter, salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Mix the mash and veg together.
- You can eat it like this.
- Or you can place it in a casserole dish, top with shredded cheddar cheese, and pop in the oven until golden brown.