Wednesday 2 February 2011

Cook for a Month Trial Part One

To continue my new year's resolutions of paying off my debts and being more organised with family meals I thought I would give this a go.  I have been reluctant to cook-for-a-month for a while, but the only way to really know if it would work for us is to try it.

I am nervous that I won't want to cook all in one day, or two.  Especially since it is hard for me to find two whole days to devote to it.  Right now I am not cooking much at all because I feel so ill during this pregnancy.  But I have recruited the help of my Other Half who is willing and able. 

I am also worried about trying to come up with recipes we can make easily, and will enjoy for the whole month.  I know it will work better for our first venture to limit the number of dishes and just multiply them by 3-4.  We love cottage pie so I know we will eat that four times or more easily.

I think this will work in the winter when we like soups and casseroles.  I don't think this will work well for the summer when we barbecue and have more salads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment