I am always in such a hurry to make plans for the New Year ahead. I thought it was time to sit down and reflect on my accomplishments from the last year. We are not always comfortable giving ourselves a pat on the back. But doing so can be just the boost we need to feel ready to take on a new year, and new goals.
So, in the past year I have done quite a few things, most notably:
1. Gave birth to my daughter
2. Gave a fantastic Pirate Party for my son
3. Embarked on a course
4. Developed a more regular meditation and prayer practice
5. Made some significant changes to our diet---for our health
6. Lost some of the baby weight!
7. Tried quite a few new foods and recipes (see the rest of this blog!)
8. Tried out some great new craft projects including nappies, hot water bottle covers and embroidery
As I reflect on each of these in my journal I can pull out how I accomplished it, why I did it, and use these insights in making new goals. More on those plans later! But I can also look back to my goals from the last year. Did I accomplish any of them? Why or why not? Did I actually spend time on them or other stuff? How can I create goals which more accurately reflect me and my needs? Do I need to change my goals to make them fit into my lifestyle or do I find ways to motivate myself to achieve more? Lots to think about!